Understand the Rental Assistance Demonstration Program for Public Housing
The Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) is a voluntary program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). RAD seeks to preserve public housing by providing Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) access to more stable funding for making necessary improvements to properties. However, there are certain conditions and implications associated with this program. What do you need to be aware of? What are the possible implications of this program?
Join this session where expert speaker Paul Flogstad will explore the RAD program in depth. Paul will compare the differences in properties before RAD and after RAD to explain the benefits of working with this concept. Paul will also discuss the implications of this program and how it affects capital needs, housing choice vouchers, low-income housing tax credit, project-based vouchers, project-based rental assistance, and rehabilitation of projects.
This session will cover the HUD’s RAD program details, including:
- What is RAD and why is it needed?
- How does a RAD conversion work?
- Will a RAD conversion affect your housing assistance?
- Will a RAD conversion affect your rent?
- How can residents be involved in the RAD process
- Will a RAD conversion require a change to the PHA plan?
- When can a PHA start the RAD conversion process?
- Will RAD affect resident rights and participation?
Assisted Housing Alert
2222 Sedwick Rd,Durham NC, 27713
Reference No. : E99NSNIG