Fair Housing Training: Ensure Compliance with Fair Housing Laws
Fair housing training should be mandatory before a new employee answers the phone or deals with prospects and residents. Pleading “I am new” or “I didn’t know that” gets you nowhere with HUD testers and housing authorities. Cases and stories will prove that ignorance is no excuse. It is important that you learn the basics of fair housing laws and how these impact you and your property.
Join this session with expert speaker Anne Sadovsky who will discuss what your personal responsibilities are, what all the laws mean, how to stay educated, the definition of every protected class, and how you should answer unexpected or discriminatory questions. This class is not only critically important, it is also interesting and thought-provoking for both new and experienced team members. Anne will help you confidently comply with fair housing laws, gather information and learn the importance of documentation. You will learn to prepare yourself and the staff for shoppers and testers. You will also learn that, what you might consider entrapment, is legal. Anne will also discuss some of the latest cases and rulings.
- What fair housing is really about and why you must comply
- A short history lesson explaining discrimination in America
- A clear definition of each protected class
- How each protected class gained federal and state attention and protection
- Who isn’t protected by fair housing laws
- The difference in race and color
- The difference in culture and religion
- How to respond to resident’s questions and comments about each other
- How to answer questions appropriately and clearly
- Just how important the fair housing poster in your office is
Assisted Housing Alert
2222 Sedwick Rd,Durham NC, 27713
Reference No. : E99NSNIG